You should also avoid dental procedures and surgery while taking Pradaxa. If you require surgery or a dental procedure, you may need to stop taking Pradaxa for a day or more beforehand. But don't do this on your own. Let your doctor advise you on whether to do this and how to do it safely. Stopping Pradaxa suddenly can cause serious problems, such as increasing your risk of having a stroke.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Pradaxa?
- Q Who should not take Pradaxa?
- Q What are the possible side effects of Pradaxa?
- Q What is Pradaxa?
- Q Can I take Pradaxa if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q How does Pradaxa work to prevent strokes and blood clots?