What should I avoid while taking argatroban?

Argatroban is used to treat and prevent blood clots in people who have low levels of platelets  in the blood caused by using heparin. Prior to giving you argatroban, you need to tell your doctor if you are using any other blood thinners or any other medications to treat or prevent blood clots. You should also tell your doctor if you are using alcohol or taking aspirin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...