What are the side effects of Fragmin?

Fragmin (dalteparin) might cause bleeding or a purple bruise at the injection site; heavy menstrual bleeding; and allergic reactions, such as skin rashes, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips or tongue and difficulty breathing. In addition, it might cause fever; dizziness or fainting spells; back or stomach ache; red or black tarry stools; blood in the urine; bloody vomit; bleeding gums; red spots on the skin; and nosebleeds. You also might experience numbness; weakness in the legs; wheezing; and a burning, prickling or tingling sensation. Notify your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What is an anticoagulant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An anticoagulant is a medication that helps to prevent clots from forming in your blood. This type...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...