Can vitamins interfere with the metabolism of warfarin for A Fib?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Taking multivitamins can interfere with metabolism of warfarin for atrial fibrillation. If you are taking vitamins, you should take the supplements consistently. Also, your doctor may want to adjust your dosage of warfarin if the levels change. If you take warfarin or other blood thinner, talk to your doctor about multivitamins that you are taking and how they may interfere with metabolism of warfarin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...