If you already take warfarin and now your doctor wants you to take Lyrica, too, there's probably no reason for concern. Lyrica is a drug approved for the treatment of fibromyalgia and other conditions. Warfarin prevents blood clots. When the developers of Lyrica tested this drug in humans they found no evidence that it would cause problems if combined with warfarin. However, your doctor will want to monitor you closely all the same. Tell your physician about all symptoms you notice when you begin taking any medication.
- Q If I'm on warfarin and have a headache, can I take aspirin?
- Q What is Warfarin?
- Q Do people taking warfarin (Coumadin) bruise more easily?
- Q Is it safe for me to breastfeed while taking warfarin?
- Q What foods should I avoid if I take blood thinners?
- Q What activities should I avoid if I'm taking warfarin?