What are the side effects of Innohep?

Side effects of Innohep can occur. Discomfort at the injection site is common, and need only be reported to your doctor if it is severe or if it is accompanied by bleeding. More serious side effects are possible and you should contact your doctor right away if you experience them. These include symptoms of an allergic reaction to Innohep, including severe itching, a rash or hives, swelling of the face or mouth and trouble breathing. Other serious side effects include:

  • faintness
  • dizziness
  • lightheadedness
  • fever
  • headaches
  • constipation
  • nausea and vomiting
  • chest pain
  • urinary tract infection
  • unusually heavy menstrual flow

Since this drug can cause bleeding, be aware of side effects that would indicate bleeding problems, such as:

  • nosebleeds
  • bruising
  • bleeding gums
  • red skin spots
  • black stools
  • coughing blood
  • bloody urine
  • back and stomach pain

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
More Answers
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
More Answers
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
More Answers
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.