Should I take argatroban if I am breastfeeding?

In studies in nursing rats, argatroban was found to be present in breast milk. Experts do not know if argatroban passes into human breast milk. Many drugs do pass into breast milk but have no ill effects on the baby. It is wise to be cautious. If you are nursing, tell your doctor before taking argatroban.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...
What is an anticoagulant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An anticoagulant is a medication that helps to prevent clots from forming in your blood. This type...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...