Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?

Vitamin K can interfere with the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, so it is very important to maintain a consistent amount of vitamin K in your diet. Avoid drastic changes in your dietary habits. For instance, if you normally do not drink cranberry juice, you should avoid cranberry juice and foods that contain cranberries because it may interfere with your medicine. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about foods and drinks that you should avoid or limit while taking this medicine. Also, ask for a list of foods that contain vitamin K because you should keep your intake consistent and eat about the same amount of vitamin K every day.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
When should I call the doctor while on anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call the doctor if you notice these symptoms while taking anticoagulant injections:     • excessiv...