Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?

Vitamin K can interfere with the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, so it is very important to maintain a consistent amount of vitamin K in your diet. Avoid drastic changes in your dietary habits. For instance, if you normally do not drink cranberry juice, you should avoid cranberry juice and foods that contain cranberries because it may interfere with your medicine. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about foods and drinks that you should avoid or limit while taking this medicine. Also, ask for a list of foods that contain vitamin K because you should keep your intake consistent and eat about the same amount of vitamin K every day.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...