Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?

Vitamin K can interfere with the blood-thinning effects of warfarin, so it is very important to maintain a consistent amount of vitamin K in your diet. Avoid drastic changes in your dietary habits. For instance, if you normally do not drink cranberry juice, you should avoid cranberry juice and foods that contain cranberries because it may interfere with your medicine. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about foods and drinks that you should avoid or limit while taking this medicine. Also, ask for a list of foods that contain vitamin K because you should keep your intake consistent and eat about the same amount of vitamin K every day.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...