Although acetaminophen (Tylenol) is considered safer to take than aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), it may affect your INR, or bleeding time. It is best to discuss your pain medication options with your doctor and make sure all of your medications are documented when your labs are drawn so that your other medication use can be taken into account when deciding on your dose of warfarin.
- Q How do herbal supplements interfere with warfarin for A fib?
- Q What if my toes turn purple while I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q Do I have to watch my diet if I take warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fib?
- Q What activities should I avoid if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Should my husband avoid playing sports now that he's taking warfarin?