Although acetaminophen (Tylenol) is considered safer to take than aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), it may affect your INR, or bleeding time. It is best to discuss your pain medication options with your doctor and make sure all of your medications are documented when your labs are drawn so that your other medication use can be taken into account when deciding on your dose of warfarin.
- Q Are there some tips on taking warfarin for atrial fibrillation?
- Q Can I drink alcohol while taking warfarin?
- Q Can EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) have an adverse reaction with warfarin?
- Q Can my sister eat cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving if she's on warfarin?
- Q Can I take my medicine for depression while taking warfarin?
- Q Do I have to watch my diet if I take warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fib?