Although acetaminophen (Tylenol) is considered safer to take than aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), it may affect your INR, or bleeding time. It is best to discuss your pain medication options with your doctor and make sure all of your medications are documented when your labs are drawn so that your other medication use can be taken into account when deciding on your dose of warfarin.
- Q Do I need to take special care of my feet while taking warfarin?
- Q Can I drink alcohol while taking warfarin?
- Q What foods should I avoid when taking warfarin?
- Q Do I have to watch my diet if I take warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fib?
- Q Are there any interactions between warfarin and magnesium supplements?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to exercise?