Now that I’m taking warfarin, how much do I have to change my lifestyle?

When you’re taking warfarin, you can still do many of your normal activities, but you need to be careful not to hurt yourself, especially when you’re using sharp tools, like scissors, knives or razors. You should also avoid any sports or physical activities in which you could easily fall or get hurt, such as rollerblading or rock climbing. Instead, try safer activities like walking or swimming. If you go bicycling, be sure to wear a helmet. If you do fall or get injured (especially if you hit your head), call your doctor right away, even if you’re not bleeding. You may be bleeding inside.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...
Is warfarin a safe drug for pregnancy?
No - warfarin crosses the placenta barrier and has an anticoagulant effect in the developing fetus. ...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...