You should contact your doctor immediately if you forget to inject a dose of heparin. Do not double your next dose, as this can increase your risk of bleeding. Skip the missed dose and stay on schedule with your next dose. Keep a record of any and all missed doses to show your doctor the next time you go in for a checkup.
- Q How is heparin used to treat a stroke or a transient ischemic attack (TIA)?
- Q Who should not take heparin sodium?
- Q What is the proper dosage of heparin?
- Q Is there a generic version of heparin?
- Q Should I take heparin sodium if I am on a low sodium diet?
- Q How do I properly store and handle heparin?