You should contact your doctor immediately if you forget to inject a dose of heparin. Do not double your next dose, as this can increase your risk of bleeding. Skip the missed dose and stay on schedule with your next dose. Keep a record of any and all missed doses to show your doctor the next time you go in for a checkup.
- Q What are the side effects of Heparin Preservative Free?
- Q How is heparin used to treat a stroke or a transient ischemic attack (TIA)?
- Q Who should use heparin?
- Q What is heparin?
- Q What should I avoid while using heparin?
- Q How soon after using heparin will my symptoms improve?