What should I know about antithrombin III before receiving it?

Before receiving antithrombin III, tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, other medicines, foods or other products. Antithrombin III is administered via injection into a vein by an authorized healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic setting. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...