What should I know about argatroban before receiving it?

Argatroban will usually be given in a hospital or clinical setting. Any doctor administering argatroban will probably be sure to discuss your medical history, medications and allergies with you before prescribing the drug. Your healthcare provider will also be on the lookout for dangerous side effects. You should still be aware that as an anticoagulant, argatroban makes bleeding from cuts more dangerous by preventing them from healing quickly. It also is dangerous to consume alcohol while receiving argatroban because alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...