What should I know about Angiomax before receiving it?

The active ingredient in Angiomax is bivalirudin. You should not take Angiomax if you are allergic to bivalirudin. Angiomax is given via intravenous infusion and is often used in conjunction with aspirin. The effects on a developing fetus are not known, so talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
What is an anticoagulant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An anticoagulant is a medication that helps to prevent clots from forming in your blood. This type...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...