While you are taking warfarin, you are at an increased risk of bleeding, so it's a good idea to use an electric razor to avoid nicks and cuts. Also, you should use caution when doing certain activities, such as cooking with sharp knives or gardening with sharp tools, in which you might easily get cut, scraped or bruised.
- Q What should be my INR level if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can vitamins interfere with the metabolism of warfarin for A Fib?
- Q Could I be allergic to warfarin?
- Q What if my child is supposed to take a different warfarin dose each day?
- Q How is a novel anticoagulant different from warfarin for treating A Fib?
- Q Who should stop taking warfarin (Coumadin) before a colonoscopy?