While you are taking warfarin, you are at an increased risk of bleeding, so it's a good idea to use an electric razor to avoid nicks and cuts. Also, you should use caution when doing certain activities, such as cooking with sharp knives or gardening with sharp tools, in which you might easily get cut, scraped or bruised.
- Q Should my husband avoid playing sports now that he's taking warfarin?
- Q How is a novel anticoagulant different from warfarin for treating A Fib?
- Q Is my mother in great danger of bleeding now that she's taking warfarin?
- Q How can I remember to take my warfarin every day?
- Q Why do I need to have my blood tested when I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take my medicine for depression while taking warfarin?