Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?

You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...
What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
Warfarin, an anticoagulant, is recommended for people with heart failure, history of a stroke or a T...