You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.
- Q Can I take cold remedies when I am taking warfarin?
- Q What if my mother's toes turn purple while she's taking warfarin?
- Q What should I know when taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?
- Q How do herbal supplements interfere with warfarin for A fib?