You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.
- Q Can I keep taking my warfarin if I have surgery?
- Q Do I need to take warfarin with food?
- Q If my mother is taking warfarin, should she avoid all foods with vitamin K?
- Q Can I take my allergy medicine while taking warfarin?
- Q Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?
- Q Is PreserVision for macular degeneration safe to take with warfarin?