Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?

You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...