You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.
- Q Is taking warfarin and Lyrica at the same time safe?
- Q What lifestyle changes must my child make now that he's on warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for older people like my grandmother to take warfarin?
- Q How does warfarin interact with vitamin K?
- Q Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?
- Q What should I know when taking warfarin?