You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q Should I avoid foods with vitamin K if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take my allergy medicine while taking warfarin?
- Q Who should stop taking warfarin (Coumadin) before a colonoscopy?
- Q What is a typical recommended dose of warfarin?
- Q What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?