You should talk with your doctor if you are thinking about going on a weight-loss diet (or making any other changes to your diet) while you are taking warfarin. Food can affect how well your warfarin works. You should eat a normal, well-balanced diet, but avoid eating unusually large amounts of foods that contain a lot of vitamin K. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of foods (like leafy green vegetables) that contain a lot of vitamin K.
- Q What are the risk factors in using Warfarin with pain killers?
- Q What are the risks of combining warfarin (Coumadin) and Viagra?
- Q Can warfarin intake cause hypotension?
- Q Is if safe to take warfarin during pregnancy?
- Q Will my husband have to stop his active lifestyle if he's taking warfarin?
- Q If I'm on warfarin and have a headache, can I take aspirin?