You should avoid drinking cranberry juice or eating any foods containing cranberries if you're taking warfarin because it may interfere with your medicine. You should also avoid eating more leafy green vegetables than usual. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which can affect the dose of warfarin you will need. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about foods you should avoid while taking this medicine.
- Q Can I take antibiotics while taking warfarin?
- Q Can my father drink champagne at my wedding if he's taking warfarin?
- Q What should I do if I fall off my bike when I'm taking warfarin?
- Q What should I do if my child, who is taking warfarin, gets diarrhea?
- Q How is warfarin used for stroke prevention?
- Q Are there some tips on taking warfarin for atrial fibrillation?