If you're taking warfarin, you do not have to stop eating salads and leafy green vegetables like spinach. You should eat about the same amount of leafy green vegetables every day. In other words, if you are used to having a salad every day you can continue to have it. If you don't normally eat salad every day, though, you shouldn't suddenly have a big salad one day. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which affects blood clotting and can change the amount of warfarin you need.
- Q How is warfarin used for stroke prevention?
- Q Is it safe for me to breastfeed while taking warfarin?
- Q If my child is taking warfarin, is it okay for him to take antibiotics?
- Q What should I do if I fall off my bike when I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?
- Q Can herbal products interfere with my warfarin?