If you're taking warfarin, you do not have to stop eating salads and leafy green vegetables like spinach. You should eat about the same amount of leafy green vegetables every day. In other words, if you are used to having a salad every day you can continue to have it. If you don't normally eat salad every day, though, you shouldn't suddenly have a big salad one day. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which affects blood clotting and can change the amount of warfarin you need.
- Q Do I have to watch my diet if I take warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fib?
- Q If I'm on warfarin and have a headache, can I take aspirin?
- Q What are guidelines for taking warfarin?
- Q Should my husband avoid playing sports now that he's taking warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for me to breastfeed while taking warfarin?
- Q Can herbal products interfere with my warfarin?