If you're taking warfarin, you do not have to stop eating salads and leafy green vegetables like spinach. You should eat about the same amount of leafy green vegetables every day. In other words, if you are used to having a salad every day you can continue to have it. If you don't normally eat salad every day, though, you shouldn't suddenly have a big salad one day. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which affects blood clotting and can change the amount of warfarin you need.
- Q What should I do if I get sick while taking warfarin?
- Q What if my child is supposed to take a different warfarin dose each day?
- Q How do herbal supplements interfere with warfarin for A fib?
- Q Do I have to watch my diet if I take warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fib?
- Q Who should take warfarin for lone atrial fibrillation?
- Q Is PreserVision for macular degeneration safe to take with warfarin?