If I'm taking warfarin, do I have to stop eating salads and spinach?

If you're taking warfarin, you do not have to stop eating salads and leafy green vegetables like spinach. You should eat about the same amount of leafy green vegetables every day. In other words, if you are used to having a salad every day you can continue to have it. If you don't normally eat salad every day, though, you shouldn't suddenly have a big salad one day. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which affects blood clotting and can change the amount of warfarin you need.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...