If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to exercise?

You should talk with your doctor about whether it's safe for you to exercise while taking warfarin. While you are taking warfarin, you are at increased risk for bleeding. This risk is higher when you do certain types of exercise in which you could fall or get hurt, such as bike riding or skating. Your doctor can help you decide which types of exercise are safe for you.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you have a prosthetic heart valve, apixaban and rivaroxaban may not be good options for you. If y...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Rishi Anand, MDRishi Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...