If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to exercise?

You should talk with your doctor about whether it's safe for you to exercise while taking warfarin. While you are taking warfarin, you are at increased risk for bleeding. This risk is higher when you do certain types of exercise in which you could fall or get hurt, such as bike riding or skating. Your doctor can help you decide which types of exercise are safe for you.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
Is warfarin a safe drug for pregnancy?
No - warfarin crosses the placenta barrier and has an anticoagulant effect in the developing fetus. ...
When should I call the doctor while on anticoagulant injections?
Call the doctor if you notice these symptoms while taking anticoagulant injections:     • excessiv...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...