You should not take aspirin or any products that contain aspirin while you are taking warfarin without first talking with your doctor. Also, you should not take other painkillers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) without your doctor’s advice while taking warfarin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter), vitamins and nutritional or herbal supplements you are taking.
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to do my gardening?
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?
- Q What if my toes turn purple while I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can my father drink champagne at my wedding if he's taking warfarin?
- Q How is warfarin used for stroke prevention?