You should not take aspirin or any products that contain aspirin while you are taking warfarin without first talking with your doctor. Also, you should not take other painkillers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) without your doctor’s advice while taking warfarin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter), vitamins and nutritional or herbal supplements you are taking.
- Q Can I take my medicine for depression while taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take glucosamine chondroitin with MSM together with warfarin?
- Q If my child is taking warfarin, is it safe for him to play outside?
- Q Is it safe for older people like my grandmother to take warfarin?
- Q Why do I need to have my blood tested when I'm taking warfarin?
- Q What medications can interact with warfarin (Coumadin)?