You should not take aspirin or any products that contain aspirin while you are taking warfarin without first talking with your doctor. Also, you should not take other painkillers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) without your doctor’s advice while taking warfarin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter), vitamins and nutritional or herbal supplements you are taking.
- Q What are guidelines for taking warfarin?
- Q Can my sister eat cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving if she's on warfarin?
- Q Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take antibiotics while taking warfarin?
- Q What medications can interact with warfarin (Coumadin)?
- Q Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?