If my mother is on warfarin, how can she know which foods have vitamin K?

If your mother is taking warfarin, her doctor or pharmacist should give her a list of foods that contain vitamin K. Vitamin K affects her blood clotting and the amount of warfarin she needs. Examples of foods that contain vitamin K include: lettuce, endive, spinach, kale, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green onions, parsley, soybean oil and soybeans.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...