If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to do my gardening?

You should be very careful to avoid getting hurt if you do gardening while taking warfarin. While you are taking warfarin, you are at increased risk for bleeding. When gardening, wear sturdy shoes to avoid falling, and wear gardening gloves to protect your hands from cuts and scrapes. Be especially careful when using sharp tools, like pruning shears.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...