If I forget to take my warfarin on Monday, can I take two pills on Tuesday?

If you miss a dose of warfarin but don't remember it until the next day, don't take a double dose that day to make up for the missed dose the day before. Tell your doctor if you miss your dose of warfarin. If you forget to take your warfarin but remember it later that same day, you should take the missed dose as soon as you remember it.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...