How should I take Lovenox?

Lovenox is given as an injection into a vein or under the skin. In most cases, Lovenox will be administered by a healthcare professional. In some cases, your doctor may show you how to give yourself the injection at home. You need to be lying down or sitting while administering the injection. Your doctor will tell you which areas on your body can receive the injections. To avoid injecting Lovenox into a body area two times in a row - which can cause skin problems - you will need to rotate the areas of injection. If you notice a change of color or particles in the medicine, do not use it. For proper dosage and duration of use, follow the instructions of your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Rishi Anand, MDRishi Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...