How should I take Lovenox?

Lovenox is given as an injection into a vein or under the skin. In most cases, Lovenox will be administered by a healthcare professional. In some cases, your doctor may show you how to give yourself the injection at home. You need to be lying down or sitting while administering the injection. Your doctor will tell you which areas on your body can receive the injections. To avoid injecting Lovenox into a body area two times in a row - which can cause skin problems - you will need to rotate the areas of injection. If you notice a change of color or particles in the medicine, do not use it. For proper dosage and duration of use, follow the instructions of your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What is an anticoagulant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An anticoagulant is a medication that helps to prevent clots from forming in your blood. This type...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...