How should I use Fragmin?

Fragmin is generally given as an injection by a nurse or a trained health professional in your thigh, abdomen or buttocks. Fragmin is injected under the skin once daily. If you are giving yourself the shots, be sure to follow your doctor's instructions. Record and change the places where you give yourself the shots, to avoid painful swelling and bruises. Dispose of the needles and syringes in a special hard container.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
When should I call the doctor while on anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call the doctor if you notice these symptoms while taking anticoagulant injections:     • excessiv...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet...