How should I use Fragmin?

Fragmin is generally given as an injection by a nurse or a trained health professional in your thigh, abdomen or buttocks. Fragmin is injected under the skin once daily. If you are giving yourself the shots, be sure to follow your doctor's instructions. Record and change the places where you give yourself the shots, to avoid painful swelling and bruises. Dispose of the needles and syringes in a special hard container.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
When should I call the doctor while on anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call the doctor if you notice these symptoms while taking anticoagulant injections:     • excessiv...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...