Can I take Xarelto if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

Take Xarelto (rivaroxaban) if you are pregnant or breastfeeding only if you and your doctor decide that its benefit outweighs any possible risk to you or your baby.

Taking Xarelto during pregnancy increases the risk that you will hemorrhage or need an emergency delivery of your baby.

Since animal studies show that rivaroxaban passes into breast milk, you and your doctor need to whether it makes sense for you to breastfeed while on this drug.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...
What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
If you... Have a prosthetic heart valve - Apixaban and rivaroxaban may not be good options. If yo...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...