Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?

You cannot take warfarin if you are pregnant because this medicine can harm an unborn baby. If you are of childbearing age and can get pregnant, you should make sure to use effective birth control measures while taking warfarin. If you are planning to get pregnant, talk with your doctor. If you are taking warfarin and suspect you may be pregnant, talk with your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
When should I call the doctor while on anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call the doctor if you notice these symptoms while taking anticoagulant injections:     • excessiv...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...