While you are taking warfarin, you should check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines, including cold medicines that you get over-the-counter at the drug store. Some of these cold medicines contain aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve), which can interact with warfarin.
- Q Why does my friend wear a bracelet saying that he's taking warfarin?
- Q Can I get a flu shot while taking warfarin?
- Q What if my mother's toes turn purple while she's taking warfarin?
- Q Why do I need to have my blood tested when I'm taking warfarin?
- Q If I'm on warfarin and have a headache, can I take aspirin?
- Q Is it safe for my uncle to drink beer if he's taking warfarin?