While you are taking warfarin, you should check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines, including cold medicines that you get over-the-counter at the drug store. Some of these cold medicines contain aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve), which can interact with warfarin.
- Q What should I know about taking a novel anticoagulant if I am on warfarin?
- Q Can warfarin (Coumadin) delay menopause or cause heavy menstrual flow?
- Q How is a novel anticoagulant different from warfarin for treating A Fib?
- Q Why do some people react differently than others to warfarin?
- Q Who should take warfarin instead of aspirin?
- Q What medications can interact with warfarin (Coumadin)?