While you are taking warfarin, you should check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicines, including cold medicines that you get over-the-counter at the drug store. Some of these cold medicines contain aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve), which can interact with warfarin.
- Q Is there a natural alternative to warfarin?
- Q Should I avoid foods with vitamin K if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take birth control pills while taking warfarin?
- Q When is warfarin (Coumadin) used in treatment of children’s heart disease?
- Q What should I do if my son throws up after he takes his warfarin?
- Q Do I need to take special care of my teeth while taking warfarin?