You should check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any antibiotics while you're taking warfarin. Some antibiotics can interact with warfarin and increase its effect, therefore, increasing your risk of bleeding. Tell your doctor before you start any new medications, whether they are prescription or over-the-counter.
- Q What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?
- Q Are there side effects with warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fibrillation?
- Q What can affect how much warfarin I need?
- Q What should I do if I forget to give my child her dose of warfarin?
- Q Can my father drink champagne at my wedding if he's taking warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for me to drink cranberry juice while taking warfarin?