You should check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any antibiotics while you're taking warfarin. Some antibiotics can interact with warfarin and increase its effect, therefore, increasing your risk of bleeding. Tell your doctor before you start any new medications, whether they are prescription or over-the-counter.
- Q How can my diet or medications affect how warfarin works?
- Q Can my child take warfarin?
- Q Why do some people react differently than others to warfarin?
- Q Can warfarin (Coumadin) delay menopause or cause heavy menstrual flow?
- Q How is a novel anticoagulant different from warfarin for treating A Fib?
- Q What should be my INR level if I'm taking warfarin?