You should check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any antibiotics while you're taking warfarin. Some antibiotics can interact with warfarin and increase its effect, therefore, increasing your risk of bleeding. Tell your doctor before you start any new medications, whether they are prescription or over-the-counter.
- Q Is PreserVision for macular degeneration safe to take with warfarin?
- Q Can I get a flu shot while taking warfarin?
- Q If I forget to take my warfarin on Monday, can I take two pills on Tuesday?
- Q Can I drink alcohol while taking warfarin?
- Q Can blood in the urine be a side effect of warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for older people like my grandmother to take warfarin?