You should check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any antibiotics while you're taking warfarin. Some antibiotics can interact with warfarin and increase its effect, therefore, increasing your risk of bleeding. Tell your doctor before you start any new medications, whether they are prescription or over-the-counter.
- Q Who should take warfarin instead of aspirin?
- Q Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, do I have to stop eating salads and spinach?
- Q Can I take my regular multivitamin pills while on warfarin?
- Q Should my husband avoid playing sports now that he's taking warfarin?
- Q Which pain killer is safe to use with warfarin?