You should talk with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any allergy or cold medicines while you are taking warfarin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about any medicines (prescription or over-the-counter), herbal products, vitamins or alternative remedies you are taking, as many of these could affect your body's response to warfarin.
- Q What are the blood tests my husband has while he's taking warfarin?
- Q Do people taking warfarin (Coumadin) bruise more easily?
- Q Should my husband avoid playing sports now that he's taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q How do herbal supplements interfere with warfarin for A fib?
- Q What should I watch for when I am taking warfarin?