You should talk with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any allergy or cold medicines while you are taking warfarin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about any medicines (prescription or over-the-counter), herbal products, vitamins or alternative remedies you are taking, as many of these could affect your body's response to warfarin.
- Q Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?
- Q Can my sister eat cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving if she's on warfarin?
- Q Which pain killer is safe to use with warfarin?
- Q Is there a natural alternative to warfarin?
- Q Can I keep taking my warfarin if I have surgery?
- Q What should I do if my child, who is taking warfarin, gets diarrhea?