Is antithrombin III safe for women who are breastfeeding?

It is not known if antithrombin III passes into breast milk, as no studies have been done in lactating animals or humans. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking antithrombin III. You will have to weigh the benefits to you with the potential risk to your child.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What is an anticoagulant?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An anticoagulant is a medication that helps to prevent clots from forming in your blood. This type...