Can I receive Fragmin if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?

There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Fragmin (dalteparin) can harm a pregnant woman or a developing fetus, or that it is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant and that it is potentially harmful. Therefore, if you are pregnant or nursing, you should avoid receiving Fragmin unless you and your doctor determine the benefits outweigh the potential risks.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...