Can I receive Fragmin if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?

There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Fragmin (dalteparin) can harm a pregnant woman or a developing fetus, or that it is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant and that it is potentially harmful. Therefore, if you are pregnant or nursing, you should avoid receiving Fragmin unless you and your doctor determine the benefits outweigh the potential risks.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...