Can I receive Fragmin if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?

There is no conclusive evidence to prove that Fragmin (dalteparin) can harm a pregnant woman or a developing fetus, or that it is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant and that it is potentially harmful. Therefore, if you are pregnant or nursing, you should avoid receiving Fragmin unless you and your doctor determine the benefits outweigh the potential risks.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...