No. You should not drink alcohol while taking warfarin. Alcohol can change the way your body responds to this medicine, and that may affect the dose that you need. Talk with your doctor if you regularly drink alcohol or if you have drunk large amounts of alcohol in the past. Your doctor may decide that this medicine isn't right for you.
- Q What should I do if my son throws up after he takes his warfarin?
- Q What if my mother's toes turn purple while she's taking warfarin?
- Q Which pain killer is safe to use with warfarin?
- Q What foods should I avoid if I take blood thinners?
- Q What are the risks of combining warfarin (Coumadin) and Viagra?
- Q What foods should I avoid when taking warfarin?