No. You should not drink alcohol while taking warfarin. Alcohol can change the way your body responds to this medicine, and that may affect the dose that you need. Talk with your doctor if you regularly drink alcohol or if you have drunk large amounts of alcohol in the past. Your doctor may decide that this medicine isn't right for you.
- Q What should I do if I miss my dose of warfarin?
- Q What is a typical recommended dose of warfarin?
- Q Do I need to take special care of my teeth while taking warfarin?
- Q Can my sister eat cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving if she's on warfarin?
- Q Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?
- Q What lifestyle changes must my child make now that he's on warfarin?