Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to do my gardening?
- Q If my mother is taking warfarin, should she avoid all foods with vitamin K?
- Q Will my husband have to stop his active lifestyle if he's taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?
- Q Can I keep taking my warfarin if I have surgery?
- Q Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?