Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q What activities should I avoid if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can herbal products interfere with my warfarin?
- Q Can my father drink champagne at my wedding if he's taking warfarin?
- Q Can medications interfere with the metabolism of warfarin for A fib?
- Q Why does my mother have to have so many blood tests while taking warfarin?
- Q What should we do if my grandpa falls when he's taking warfarin?