Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?
- Q Can I get a flu shot while taking warfarin?
- Q Now that I’m taking warfarin, how much do I have to change my lifestyle?
- Q What are the possible side effects of warfarin?
- Q Can warfarin (Coumadin) delay menopause or cause heavy menstrual flow?
- Q Is taking warfarin and Lyrica at the same time safe?