Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q Can vitamins interfere with the metabolism of warfarin for A Fib?
- Q What should I do if I’m taking warfarin and need to have surgery?
- Q What foods should I avoid when taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take birth control pills while taking warfarin?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, do I have to stop eating salads and spinach?
- Q If I'm on warfarin and have a headache, can I take aspirin?