Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q How can my diet or medications affect how warfarin works?
- Q Is PreserVision for macular degeneration safe to take with warfarin?
- Q Is taking warfarin and Lyrica at the same time safe?
- Q What does my doctor mean when he calls warfarin a "blood-thinner"?
- Q Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?
- Q If my child is taking warfarin, is it okay for him to take antibiotics?