Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q What foods should I avoid if I take blood thinners?
- Q What is the difference between warfarin and Coumadin?
- Q Should I avoid cranberry juice while taking warfarin?
- Q Are there side effects with warfarin (Coumadin) for atrial fibrillation?
- Q What are the blood tests my husband has while he's taking warfarin?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, do I have to stop eating salads and spinach?