Although vitamin K in green leafy vegetables affects the action of warfarin (Coumadin), green leafy vegetables should not be eliminated from a diet. To avoid a yo-yo effect in the action of warfarin, healthcare providers suggest that consumption of green leafy vegetables should not vary widely while on warfarin treatment.
- Q What if my child is supposed to take a different warfarin dose each day?
- Q Can I take both warfarin and a novel anticoagulant for A Fib?
- Q How is a novel anticoagulant different from warfarin for treating A Fib?
- Q What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?
- Q What activities should I avoid if I'm taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take birth control pills while taking warfarin?