Is Arixtra safe for long-term use?

Your doctor will determine how long you should use Arixtra. The usual duration of therapy of Arixtra is five to nine days; however, in studies, up to 26 days of Arixtra has been administered. The drug can sometimes cause severe side effects. Therefore, your doctor will monitor you very carefully while you are using this drug. You will be informed by your doctor if you should stop using Arixtra.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...