Is Arixtra effective for superficial vein thrombosis?

Superficial vein thrombosis is the presence of blood clots in the leg veins that are very close to the skin. In most cases, superficial vein thrombosis is more commonly known as varicose veins. This condition can be painful, but also very noticeable to patients. It can also lead to a greater risk of deep vein thrombosis, where a blood clot can be much more dangerous or even fatal. Arixtra is a blood-thinning prescription drug that has shown effectiveness for the treatment of superficial vein thrombosis.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you have a prosthetic heart valve, apixaban and rivaroxaban may not be good options for you. If y...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...