Is Arixtra effective for superficial vein thrombosis?

Superficial vein thrombosis is the presence of blood clots in the leg veins that are very close to the skin. In most cases, superficial vein thrombosis is more commonly known as varicose veins. This condition can be painful, but also very noticeable to patients. It can also lead to a greater risk of deep vein thrombosis, where a blood clot can be much more dangerous or even fatal. Arixtra is a blood-thinning prescription drug that has shown effectiveness for the treatment of superficial vein thrombosis.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
Warfarin, an anticoagulant, is recommended for people with heart failure, history of a stroke or a T...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...