How does argatroban interact with other medications or food?

It may be dangerous to use argatroban in conjunction with blood thinners or other medications used to treat blood clots. Additionally, talk to your doctor about using argatroban if you already use abciximab, eptifibatide or tirofiban. Do not drink alcohol while under the influence of argatroban, since it can increase your risk of bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Rishi Anand, MDRishi Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...