How does Zyvox treat bacterial infection?

Zyvox is the brand name for linezolid. Linezolid treats bacterial infections by stopping the growth of bacteria. This drug only works for bacterial infection. It is not effective in treating viral infections, or the common cold or flu.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What are common side effects of antibiotics?
Common side effects of antibiotics are nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, rashes and al...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...