How does Zyvox treat bacterial infection?

Zyvox is the brand name for linezolid. Linezolid treats bacterial infections by stopping the growth of bacteria. This drug only works for bacterial infection. It is not effective in treating viral infections, or the common cold or flu.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...