Is Zyvox safe for people with phenylketonuria (PKU)?

Zyvox comes in three different forms: injectable, tablet, and oral liquid. The oral liquid form may contain phenylalanine. This substance may be harmful for people with phenylketonuria, an inherited metabolic disorder that is also referred to as PKU. Therefore, you should talk to your doctor before taking Zyvox if you have PKU.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...