Does Zotrim interact with medications?

Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine, or Zotrim, may interact with diuretics, seizure medication, blood thinners, and ACE inhibitors. Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine may disrupt the metabolism of phenytoin by the liver. This medication should not be used with cyclosporine in liver transplant patients.

Phenazopyridine hydrochloride may interfere with urine tests. Sulfonamides should not be used for treatment of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections. Always discuss any medications you take with your doctor before beginning Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine. Zotrim should not be confused with the weight loss drug Zotrim.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...