How does Zosyn treat pneumonia?

A powerful antibiotic, Zosyn can be used to treat bacterial pneumonia. It also can be used to treat a type of pneumonia called mycoplasmic pneumonia. It cannot be used to treat other forms of pneumonia caused by a virus or fungus. Likewise, it is not always effective in treating bacterial infections, as some bacteria that cause pneumonia may be resistant to Zosyn and other penicillins.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

do i need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick , green or yellow ?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma ?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
how do antibiotics work ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Antibiotics kill single-cell organisms called bacteria. If bacteria make it past our immune systems ...
why must i take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if i have an implant ?
If you've had an implant, it's essential that you take antibiotics before you go to the dentist....