How does Zosyn treat bacterial infections?

Zosyn is a combination of two antibiotics and can be used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is often given to critically ill people in hospitals along with a solution that raises the volume and pressure of the blood, thereby speeding the medicine through the system quickly. Many people receive Zosyn as treatment for bacterial infections of the skin, gastrointestinal tract, joints and bones. It also is used to treat gynecological and urinary tract infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...