How does Zosyn treat bacterial infections?

Zosyn is a combination of two antibiotics and can be used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is often given to critically ill people in hospitals along with a solution that raises the volume and pressure of the blood, thereby speeding the medicine through the system quickly. Many people receive Zosyn as treatment for bacterial infections of the skin, gastrointestinal tract, joints and bones. It also is used to treat gynecological and urinary tract infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...