How does Zosyn interact with other medications or foods?

Zosyn interacts with antibiotics and other medications. Tell your physician if you are currently taking blood-thinners or medications that keep blood from clotting. Zosyn can interact with the following antibiotics: amikacin (Amikin), gentamicin (Garamycin), kanamycin (Kantrex), neomycin (Mycifradin, Neo-Fradin, Neo-Tab), netilmicin (Netromycin), streptomycin and tobramycin (Nebcin, Tobi). It also can interact with probenecid (Benemid) and some vitamin supplements. Tell your doctor if you have restricted salt in your diet, as this may also affect dosage levels.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...