Why would I need to use ticarcillin-clavulanate?

If you have an infection caused by bacteria that doesn't respond to other antibiotic therapy, your doctor may use this intravenous antibiotic combination. Ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) can kill more kinds of bacteria that cause many of infections. Pneumonia, urinary tract infections (UTIs) and certain blood infections are some of the reasons you may need this drug. It is given by injection into your veins while you are in hospital, at a medical clinic or at home.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...