Why would I need to use ticarcillin-clavulanate?

If you have an infection caused by bacteria that doesn't respond to other antibiotic therapy, your doctor may use this intravenous antibiotic combination. Ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) can kill more kinds of bacteria that cause many of infections. Pneumonia, urinary tract infections (UTIs) and certain blood infections are some of the reasons you may need this drug. It is given by injection into your veins while you are in hospital, at a medical clinic or at home.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...