Why would I need to use ticarcillin-clavulanate?

If you have an infection caused by bacteria that doesn't respond to other antibiotic therapy, your doctor may use this intravenous antibiotic combination. Ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) can kill more kinds of bacteria that cause many of infections. Pneumonia, urinary tract infections (UTIs) and certain blood infections are some of the reasons you may need this drug. It is given by injection into your veins while you are in hospital, at a medical clinic or at home.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...