Who should use bacitracin?

Bacitracin ointment (OTC) is intended for people to self-treat minor cuts and skin abrasions in order to help prevent bacterial infection. The package directions should be followed carefully. It is also available by prescription in an ophthalmic ointment intended for people with eye infections, and a powder for solution in intramuscular (IM) injections for people with lung infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...