Who should take nitrofurantoin?

Nitrofurantoin can be taken by people who are suffering from a urinary tract infection caused by certain bacteria. Nitrofurantoin can also be taken to prevent these types of urinary tract infections. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...