Who should take clindamycin?

Clindamycin is a powerful antibiotic that doctors usually prescribe when other antibiotics have failed to treat an infection. Your doctor may also prescribe clindamycin if you are allergic to other antibiotics. Clindamycin is most often used to treat illnesses caused by infections in the lungs, blood, skin and female reproductive organs.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...